Friday, February 25, 2005

Klass File Cabinet

Klass File Cabinet

from [FreeHelp] Re: Freepages-Help-D Digest V05 #56 :-

Hi,

Let me introduce myself. I was on board with Freepages early on maybe
not in the very beginning but not too long afterwards. In those days
we could have pages in a bunch of directories including garden,
writing, travel as well as the ones you have now. This mailing list
taught me how to write code and I progressed pretty well while I was
here. Then Ancestry.com bought Rootsweb and, rightfully so,
restricted the pages to genealogy related issues. I had to get
another place for all my other stuff so got my own domain. Soon after
things happened so I didn't have time to follow the list and left.

I'm going to stick around for a while because I may be able to help a
little. If you'd like to see my Freepages site you can get there at:
http://freepages.misc.rootsweb.com/~hklass/index.htm
You can click on the ship at the bottom to get the the genealogy
section. I got a bit carried away with the animations in the first
two pages but the rest of the site is more quiet.

Some of you were talking about organization and this is one way to do
it so I thought you might be interested. My code could use a lot of
tweaking but since I was so prolific at the time it would be a mammoth
undertaking. Maybe someday.

The other issue, resizing pictures, is also demonstrated in the "not
the way to do it" way. That, I probably will change because it drives
me crazy.

Hope you all have as much fun doing this as I have.

Holly Klass

==== Freepages-Help Mailing List ====
Bookmark the Freepages Help Pages

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home